Gibson's Grotto

Friday, October 29, 2004

behold the blog...eh, nevermind

I went through a better portion of the pages on BLOGGER's site trying to learn what I can about how to set it up with some interest. Nothing. I don't mind keeping a blog, but I want one that's at least interesting to look at, ya know? I'll keep looking I guess.
It's Friday before Samhain. The moon is full and high in the night sky and the nights are becoming longer and darker, and you know what? It feels like just another day. No different from the rest. But it should feel different, even if only a little. Not sure what's missing or lost, but it doesn't feel the same.

Tuesday is the impending election. Living in Colorado, I could have gone and cast my vote early already but I chose not to. Why just do it to be part of the early hype and polling (I hate the polls. Between them and the debates I'd take a root canal with a spoon first). I'm going to go on election night to hopefully make it feel like I'm actually part of something. Yes there will be lines. Yes there will be protesters and libs and posers abound, but at least it'll be an event again and not just something that I need to do like take out the garbage or lock the door. It'll feel like it did when I was younger again; like it was something worth doing.
Hoping to work on the go cart this weekend. Needs a new fuel pump and fuel filter. Might work on the axel too, just not sure. I was going to go shooting this weekend, but other than the car stuff, there's really no reason to stay awake so I'll most likely pass on that and sleep through it all.
Well, let's see if I can make this blog a regular occurance. Maybe I'll learn a bit more as I go and finally get an idea for my web site. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home