Gibson's Grotto

Monday, January 09, 2006

New Year, and?

Well, another year has begun. To tell you the truth, it's still all the same to me. IF, however, you "must" know what kind of resolution a social misfit like myself maintains it would be this (the SAME resolution I make EVERY year since I was 16...) "To do three things I've never done; To go to two places I've never been; To give something away I want to keep."
Sound kind of "Halmark-y" but it keeps life interesting every year. I'll keep you up to date on what those things are. Last year was easy. In the first catagory would be the bike, work and the unemployment office. The bike itself could cover most of the first catagory, what with learning to ride one, owning one (now two), disassembling it, etc. Work wise, that was a trip in itself ;) The second catagory would be some of the more picturesque side roads I've discovered since then. Beautiful scenery and again...new places. The last catagory would be the laptop I had that I traded for the second bike. I could EASILY have kept it, but wanted the bike so...there you have it.
In other news, I got a call at home last night from the local democratic office concerning the '08 elections. Looks like the desperation is evident early this time.
Also, a PETA boat is bitching up a storm in the news because they were "intentionally rammed" by a Japanese whaling fisher...this was of course, while they were doing their "thing" (crossing the path of the whaler to hold up signs and complain).
I say, ram them then drop chum in the water to help the sharks find them THEN, drag what's left of the carcasses aboard and tie them to the bow to "deter" the next raft full of morons.
And finally, MATCH.COM got busted for faking dates for people who's memberships were about to expire. Considering the wholesome (and I'll bet "christian") image they try to portray themselves as, this is not only fitting but it should have been expected. I hope they drop off the face of the internet as fast as they popped up.
I'll talk to you kids soon!

ttyl
GibsonAV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home