Gibson's Grotto

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Pours...

...well I've gone from job hunting to job choosing. It seems that two jobs have panned out now, and they both have their plus sides. One is immediate and in line with my last field. The other is more stand alone and instructive...AND working with the city of Pueblo...so you can see my dilema. I will weigh the best and worst of each and play it by ear.
In other news...we have reached a pinnacle in our collective culture. The word "Wedgie" has been added to the lastest printing of Webster's Dictionary. This is a bit sad. That word (and many other such "PC", slang and ebonic entries) is a great example of tolerence and acceptance being used replace common decorum. A wedgie is a nickname for a prank. I doubt very much that there's a teenager in any civilized nation that doesn't know what it is. But why engrave it in the English lexicon? If I say "flabat" enough, will it HAVE to be accepted some day? My point is this: teach your children proper English. Teach them to articulate and for the god's sake, teach them proper pronounciation. Then we won't have to worry about other stupid words, phrases and "lazy speak" will make it in to our dictionary.
I'm getting crotchety aren't I? :)
ttyl
Gibson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home