Gibson's Grotto

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Weeeee!!!!! :)

Well, I finally did it. I finished my cycle course and I'm licensed so... I got a bike. It's a red Honda Nighthawk CBR250. It's not the fastest or the biggest, but it's perfect for me right now. Got it for $1K from an ad in the local paper I was lucky enough to find. Oddly enough, it's the same bike I used during the rider training, so by the second day of the class I was getting quite the hang of it. The shifter is easier to get to on mine though. The one in the class has had some "use" over the years I'm sure.
The bike is in great condition. No leaks or apparently worn parts anywhere. Immaculate. The tires have some wear on them, but that's about it. Once I learn more about shopping for parts for it reasonably, I'll get on doing some touch up stuff (tires, fairings, some tiny chrome areas, etc).
I've taken it around the area for a few quick runs. Haven't ridden it to work yet or anything, but I'm sure I'll give that a shot soon. I'll drive the car via the path I'll take with the bike. Not sure how it will do on the highway just yet, but I'll give it a shot some early Sunday or something.
It reminds me of when I was a kid and would take my bicycle out for the hell of it. Just to ride it around. Go from here to there and see what new streets I could find. it's the same feeling :D
It's quite the blast and should make for an interesting summer.

ttyl
GibsonAV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home